50th Reunion Info
It's Almost Time
Here's what it looks like...
6:00 pm - Enjoy hors d'oeuvres and cocktails on the Bayview Terrace on the shores of beautiful Tampa Bay.
- A cash bar will be available. And, when we say "cash," we mean CASH. There is an ATM in the hotel if you run short.
- If you haven't already registered, stop by the registration table and sign in please.
- Dress is casual.
- We have very special musical guest. Aubrey Wollett, daughter of Frank and Tricia Wollett, will be entertaining us with her "country music with a beach flair." Read more about Aubrey at AubreyWollett.com. Thanks, Aubrey, for generously volunteering to play at our reunion!
- Bob Bentz and Kris Whitehurst are the committee contacts for this event. Please find them if you have any questions or concerns during the event on Friday night.
Saturday, October 13
8:00 am - Start your Saturday with a walk through the beautiful back bay of Tampa Bay. Meet at 8:00 a.m.at the Bayview Terrice (where the Friday night activity is being held). Judy Carignan Buck, Darlene Dormer Schuler, and Jim Drain are the leaders for this 2-mile walk, although, if you're inspired, you can continue your walk on into Philippe Park. You might want to bring a bottle of water with you.
10:00 am - If you've signed up for the Jolley Trolley tour of North Pinellas County, meet in front of the spa. Jim Drain will be your guide as we stop briefly at our alma mater, then dirve past the brand new, completely rebuilt Largo High School. From there, we'll head out to the beach for a quick stop at the Palm Pavillion. Then back to Clearwater for a tour of the spectacular Capitol Theater. After that, we'll take the scenic route to Dunedin and then back to the Spa by approximately 1:00 pm.
11:30 am - If you're not going on the Jolley Trolley ride but would still like to tour The Cap, meet us there at 11:30 am. No charge!!
1:00 pm - We'll be working on decorations in the Four Springs Ballroom (right off the lobby of the hotel). If you'd like to help, we'd love to have you!! Look for Darlene Dormer Schuler and she'll put you to work.
6:30 pm - Cocktails in the History Hall (right off the main lobby of the hotel).
- Dress is dressy casual.
- If you haven't registered, please stop by the registration table and check in.
- Again, it's a CASH bar.
- Take time out from getting reacquainted to peruse the Memorabilia display that Tom Watson put together.
7:30 pm - We'll move into the Four Springs Ballroom for a delicious buffet dinner followed by entertainment and dancing.
- Hostess with the Mostest, Linda Burr, will emcee our gathering.
- Jim Drain has put together a fabulous presentation recapping the highs and lows of 1968.
- Lynne Edelman Faimalie will update us on the status of our Clearwater High School Class of 1968 Scholarship Fund.
- "Marvelous Marvin" will take over and the partying will commence.
- Patty Day Perkey and Jim Drain are the committee contacts for this event. Please find them if you have any questions or concerns during the event on Saturday night.
Sunday, October 14
9:00 am - Church Service - Please gather in the Hospitality Suite (Room 121) for a worship led by classmate, Doug Burton with assistance from Frank Wollett. These services have been popular at past reunions and we didn't want to pass up the opportunity to get together once again.
11:00 am - Join us for brunch starting at 11:00 am, location in the hotel is still to be determined. We must make reservations so please either go to http://www.perkey.com/sign-up-for-free-activities or contact the hotel directly with your reservations (727-726-1161, Ext. 7100). If you have already indicated that you will go to the brunch, you don't have to do anything!